forum Forumsplay_arrow Discussions fiber_manual_record General

黑龙江省36选7开奖结果:What's your opinion on feathered dinosaurs?

2 emeralds ? 18 replies195 views
created 03/12/2019 9:20 pm by Makaneek
last reply 03/14/2019 11:28 am
Most people know that some dinosaurs (not all of them) had feathers. Nothing will ever change this. I just wanted to know the opinions of the good minecrafters of PMC.

?note: some discussions about this topic get pretty heated so I'm just saying, keep your cool. Getting worked up never helps anyone.
Posted by avatar
Makaneek
Level 17 : Journeyman Scribe

18 replies

03/14/2019 2:05 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Skinner
Auri
i think they'd taste better with feathers
03/14/2019 9:46 am
Level 21 : Expert Pixel Puncher
DragendGhast
Just a clarification, I like Dinosaurs with feathers that are confirmed to have feathers. If there is no evidence of an animal having feathers, it should default to no feathers.
03/14/2019 11:28 am
Makaneek
I’m afraid your logic is flawed. Even when there is no direct evidence of feathers, (which is most of the time) scientists can still tell if a dinosaur had them or not. If any of the dinosaur’s close relatives had feathers, it probably had them too.
03/14/2019 8:34 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Lemon
EJDEV08
i dislike them with feathers, dinosaurs are not meant to be chickens
03/13/2019 9:26 am
Level 53 : Grandmaster Caveman
Carcharodontosaurus
I think that at this point, it is almost safe to assume, that the vast majority of Coelurosaurs, had feathers.

When it comes to the carnosauria, as in Megalosauroids, Allosauroids and such, it is a different story. So far, there have been no conclusive evidence, that ANY of those clades had feathers. At least at this point, that's what the fossil evidence suggests.

So it really all depends on which family of dinosaurs you're talking about.
03/14/2019 4:35 am
Level 28 : Expert Pokemon
The FaiyaBLAST
oh man you got knowledge
03/14/2019 7:26 am
Carcharodontosaurus
They call me: ?Mesozoic Man ????
03/13/2019 3:31 am
Level 42 : Master Pixel Puncher
TomConn
Chickens!
03/13/2019 12:33 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Artist
Bluejay_24
I’m sure they’d look cool either way. We are just used to seeing them in one way.
03/13/2019 4:55 am
Level 28 : Expert Pokemon
The FaiyaBLAST
Depends on how it's depicted.
Feathered raptors are scientifically accurate, but only look like dinosaur-like dinosaurs when done right...
Something like this

Research has shown that Tyrannosaurus did not? have feathers, so don't go around drawing T rex with feathers!
03/13/2019 9:14 am
Carcharodontosaurus
It is still very much being discussed whether "Tyrannosaurus Rex" had feathers or not. But despite that some people released the "most accurate depiction of T-Rex", recently, then it is not that accurate, as for the skin.

T-Rex scales have been found. But all feathered dinosaurs had scales as well. Birds today have scales too. And taking a look at the fact, that T-Rex' ancestors without doubt had feathers (or proto-feathers as some call it), then it is not wrong to assume, that T-Rex may have had feathers too.

The thing is, that in many of the places, where fossilized feathers are found with dinosaurs (more specifically coelurosaurs), the fossils are found in "fine" plates / slabs of stone. While in places such as the Hell Creek Formation (Where Tyrannosaurus Rex, Nanotyrannus, Troodon, Triceratops and Edmontosaurus are found), the rocks / sediments you find the fossils in, are rather chunky and messy, and imprints from things such as feathers would thereby be extremely hard to detect.
03/13/2019 10:01 am
Carcharodontosaurus
Also, read this (thoroughly)
https://royalsocietypublishing.org/doi/abs/10.1098/rsbl.2017.0092

This article was wrongly used by several media platforms to suggest, that Tyrannosaurus Rex was all covered in scales, while the article actually even states, that that's not the case.

Generally a lot of the dino-info coming via news-platforms, are very much distorted. Just like the whole case about someone having found fossilized blood in a T-Rex bone, which was instantly proved wrong, but the media was silent about the disproof, because apparently some people just want stuff like Jurassic Park to be right about all its errors, despite science telling them otherwise.

I even know a guy who works at the Geological Institute of Copenhagen, who specializes mainly in marine-reptiles. He, together with some other people even did the test for the T-Rex DNA and blood, on several bones & teeth, following the instructions given by the "scientist", who claimed to have found it.

And they found absolutely nothing.

Same as for many other labs worldwide, who then went through the same procedure.
03/13/2019 8:55 am
Carcharodontosaurus
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yutyrannus " rel="nofollow" target="_blank">en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yutyrannus

It is very possible that a good bunch of Tyrannosaurs had feathers. Generally coelurosaurs (Meaning tyrannosauroids, dromaeosaurs, oviraptors and avian-dinosaurs)
03/13/2019 8:48 am
Carcharodontosaurus
Have you heard of Yutyrannus tho?
03/13/2019 3:02 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Archer
Kwanatla
We should break our dinosaur stereotype, because its likely that most species had feathers.
03/13/2019 8:44 am
Makaneek
this might be a little outdated but here's this
03/13/2019 7:03 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Warrior
TheCyanShyGuy
eh depends on the species. stegosaurus=no feathers (tmk) Raptor=maybe
Tyrannosaurus Rex=mmmmno
FUN FACT!!!!!: Tyrannosaurus Rex actually means tyrant lizard king ^^
03/12/2019 10:12 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Artist
Smolli
Well we do know for some species that they did have feathers and that some didn't. It really all came down to species, biome and era in which they lived :)

Planet Minecraft

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2019
www.px98b.cn

Welcome

405| 218| 942| 646| 510| 534| 161| 569| 453| 818|